Operating figures, equity and financial results for the year
Overseas operating segment
|Operating data||U.M.||2018||2017||Change||% Change|
|Operating results and financial position (€ million)||31/12/2018||31/12/17||Change||% Change|
|Operating profit/(loss) (EBIT)||7.8||8.3||(0.4)||(5.0%)|
|Average number of personnel||781||595||186||31.2 %|
|Net financial debt||4.1||7.4||(3.2)||(43.9%)|
|Gross operating profit (EBITDA) (€ million)||2018||2017||Change||% Change|
|Gross operating profit (EBITDA) Overseas Segment||14.8||14.4||0.4||2.6 %|
|EBITDA GROUP||933.2||840.0||93.3||11.1 %|
|Percentage weight||1.6 %||1.7 %||(0.1 p.p.)|
The Segment, incorporated following the organisational changes in May 2017 (it was previously included in the Water Segment), currently includes the water companies managing the water service in Latin America. Specifically:
- Aguas de San Pedro (Honduras), 60.65% owned by the Group as of October 2015, when it was consolidated using the line-by-line method. The Company serves its customers in San Pedro Sula;
- Acea Dominicana (Dominican Republic) wholly owned by the Group, provides the service to the local municipality known as CAASD (Corporation Aqueducto Alcantariado Santo Domingo);
- AguaAzul Bogotà (Colombia) of which the Group holds 51% is consolidated on the basis of the equity method with effect from the 2016 financial statements as a result of a change in the composition of the Board of Directors;
- Consorcio Agua Azul (Peru) is controlled by the Group which owns 25.5% and provides the water and discharge service in the city of Lima.
Furthermore, during 2018:
- Acea Perù, wholly owned by Acea International, was established on 28 June 2018. This company was established with the specific intent to manage the aqueduct service in the city of Lima.
- Consorcio Servicios Sur controlled by Acea International (50%), Acea Ato2 (1%) and by local partners Conhydra, Valio and India (total 49%) and established on 5 July 2018. This company has the specific aim of managing the corrective maintenance service for the Drinking Water and sewerage systems of the Directorate of Services Sur of Lima (Peru).
This Segment closed 2018 with an EBITDA of € 14.8 million, substantially in line with the previous year (€ 14.4 million in 2017).
The average headcount at 31 December 2018 stood at 781 units and was up by 186 compared to the previous year, mainly due to the consolidation of Consorcio Servicios Sur (+ 172 units).
Investments for the year increased by € 1.4 million and refer mainly to the company Aguas de San Pedro.
Net financial debt at 31 December 2018 amounted to € 4.1 million, an improvement compared to 2017 of € 3.2 million mainly attributable to Agua de San Pedro (- € 2.3 million) and Acea International (- € 1.2 million), partly offset by the consolidation of Consorcio Servicios Sur (+ € 0.3 million).